A leading multidisciplinary research university of education committed to build a strong nation.
To develop high-performing professionals and intellectuals proficient in generating new knowledge toward a progressive and peaceful pluralistic society. The CNU Mission comprises three mutually reinforcing thrusts:
- Transformative instruction to nurture thinking individuals to become productive societal members and leaders;
- High impact researches to improve life and promote progress; and
- Strong partnerships that creatively address the developmental gaps of communities.
College of Teacher Education
- The College of Teacher Education of Cebu Normal University covers within its umbrella the flagship programs of the university. The undergraduate programs include Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEEd) and Bachelor of Science in Education (BSEd) with varying fields of concentration and specialization.
College of Arts and Sciences
- The College of Arts and Sciences of Cebu Normal University is the recent programs of the university. The undergraduate programs include Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Tourism Management (BTM), and Bachelor of Science (BS) with varying fields of concentration and specialization.
College of Nursing
- The College of Nursing was created through CSC Board Resolution No. 35 s. 1982. Through this board, Cebu Normal University entered into a consortium with Southern lslands Hospital (now known as Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center). Since then, the college has offered Bachelor of Science in Nursing with only one section for each level. lt had its first graduates in 1986.